Ranch Junkie All Natural Leather Balm:
A non toxic leather conditioner designed to restore worn leather and protect new leather goods.
We wanted a product that could be safely applied by hand. A substitute for the toxic products we saw on shelves with harmful chemicals and warning labels.
This 1 oz. tin fits conveniently in a pocket or gear. Based on usage, it will last most customers 6 months to a year.
Every batch of is handmade in Maine by one of our favorite makers from just 3 all-natural ingredients. It can be used to restore, protects and preserves all smooth leather goods.
1. 100% organic cocoa butter.
Organic cocoa butter is not commonly used in leather care due to it’s high cost.
Cocoa butter is rich in vitamin E and contains natural antioxidants that help fight the premature aging and deterioration of leather.
2. 100% organic beeswax.
Organic beeswax is safer and more effective than other barrier creams like petroleum jelly which contain harmful chemicals that can damage stitching.
It acts as a natural water proofer, sealing the leather and helping protect it from harsh elements.
In addition, beeswax functions as a moisturizer, softening stiff, rigid leather.
3. 100% pure sweet almond oil.
Pure sweet almond oil is rich in vitamins A, E and B. It’s a preferred ingredient in natural health and beauty products.
The almond oil we source is 100% sweet, cold pressed and refined. During the refining process the harmful tree nut allergen is extracted so it will not trigger any tree nut allergies. Almond oil has many wonderful health benefits and works to improve the overall look and feel of leather goods.
That’s it. Three Ingredients!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICATION:
First, make sure your leather goods are clean and dry.
Next, test a small amount of Smith’s Leather Balm on a hidden patch of leather to preview the results.
Start with a very small amount- a little goes a long way.
Leather is porous and will begin absorbing the natural oils immediately.
This means that lighter shades of leather may naturally darken slightly.
Most leather goods will not darken beyond their original shade and return to a lighter shade in time.
Minimize darkening by making sure you start with a very small amount.
Massage the balm evenly into the surface of the leather and allow to dry.
While most of the balm will be absorbed into the surface of the leather, beeswax will not penetrate the surface of the leather and will need to be buffed with a horse hair brush or shop rag.
This will help seal the wax and provide protection from the elements.
Reapply the Leather Balm as necessary to restore, protect and extend the life of your favorite leather goods.
Hair On Hide Leather:
Please note as cowhide is a natural material each bag is one of a kind and the pattern will differ on each. Just like you, and anything else with hair, it sheds eventually over time. Don't let that scare you! It’s just the natural part of using something with hair. We have contacted all of our leather companies that we buy our genuine hair on hides from, and we have heard the same answer from all of them: “It’s a natural product, it’s going to shed.” Just like knits pilling, thinning and shedding may occur to put it in perspective. The parts that get more use will show wear sooner, such as the side that rubs against your hip or side. Knitwear will cause this to happen sooner than other fabrics. The hairs also might get caught in your knits. This is simply a side effect of carrying a beautiful one of a kind genuine hair on hide bag that will last you a very long time if handled with care. It is a delicate product, please cherish these beautiful one of kind pieces.
If you need to spot clean, first wipe with a humid soft cloth in the direction of the hair. Then use a sponge lightly dampened with water or neutral soap to wipe away any dirt. For stain removal, immediately remove any excess liquids or solids with a paper towel, soft cloth or sponge.
We use Buffalo Leather and Top Grain Leathers on all of our handcrafted leather goods.
Please note: As it is made of a natural material, each bag varies slightly in texture and color. The leather will become more vintage looking with each use but you can touch it up at any time with leather conditioner.
Here are some facts about the Buffalo Leather used in our bags:
- With appropriate care, buffalo leather will last a lifetime, developing, over time, a rich patina which enhances the beauty of the leather.
- To remove surface dirt and grease, wipe your Buffalo leather article with a damp cloth or use a commercial leather cleaner. Avoid products containing solvents or silicones.
- Regular light maintenance will ensure that there is not a build up of dirt on your bag. Always handle your bag with clean hands and wipe the bag with a dry cloth. For a more thorough clean, apply leather cleaner to a cloth, never directly onto the leather. Apply a single coat of cleaner, using a circular motion. Dry the bag and apply a single coat of conditioner.
- Buffalo leather will soften through use, but you can speed up the process by the regular use of conditioner. It is not advisable to use any other method, such as wetting or heating.
- Use a reputable leather conditioner. Apply the conditioner to a dry cloth, never directly onto the leather. Work a single coat of conditioner into the leather with even circular strokes.
- Keep your Buffalo leather out of direct sunlight in a dry place. Always handle your Buffalo leather with clean hands. Keep your Buffalo leather clean by regularly wiping with a dry cloth and apply conditioner every few months.
Start by making sure your leather goods are clean and dry. Next, test a small amount of Smith’s Leather Balm on a hidden patch of leather to preview the results. Start with a small amount- a little goes a long way.
Contact us anytime with questions at email@example.com